Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snazzy First Entry...Welcome!

While I am not new to posting entries (I have a training journal over @ bodybuilding.com that's been up and running for ~2 years) , this will be my first attempt at offering more insight on who I am versus the number of sets and reps completed via blogging. Often or not people associate bodybuilding with the typical meat head who runs around the gym grunting obsessively in tank top apparel. "I lift things up and put them down."

Oddly enough I am nothing of the sort. Matter of fact I don't necessarily look or act the stereotypical bodybuilding lifestyle. Being that I am of the "natural realm" I utilize anecdotal scientific evidence to support my beliefs at bettering myself in and out of the gym. Meaning every meal that I eat isn't chicken, brown rice, tuna, or oatmeal. But enough of that mumbo jumbo (I'll address it in a later entry) , who the hell am I really?

My name is Brett Freeman. I am a 21 year old natural amateur bodybuilder. I competed two years ago in 2009, where at 19 I finished 1st place in Teens and Bantamweights-which clinched a spot in the Men's Overall allowing me to compete for a Pro Card. I placed 3rd out of 5 which ain't too bad considering the age differences! (That and the person who placed 2nd was already a WNBF Pro!)

So here we are, 74 days away (and 144 days till my 'biggest' more 'important' show) from my first competition. I am aiming to do the same show I successfully competed in April 2009, only this time as more so of a "warm up" as it is in my home town-with my actual goal/aspiration of attaining my pro card being 144 days away in New York City: The INBF Hercules. (June 25th.)

In 2009 I competed as a Bantamweight weighing a whopping 138lbs the night before prejudging. With 1.5 years of an offseason under my belt I aimed at bringing up my most lagging bodyparts: chest/shoulders/arms. That being said I am confident with the gains I accomplished, all while keeping my bodyfat/weight under control. Under the tutelage of WNBF Pro Alberto Nunez (www.3dmusclejourney.com) since my first Contest Prep, I am confident to say this competition season will be similar as the previous!

So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. bout time you started one of these bad boys! you should post some of your vids up here

    ReplyDelete