Friday, February 4, 2011

Insert cool title here

Where to start! bad habit of not blogging yesterday but damn I was tired LOL. Yesterday was an upper push with back session filled with some ups and downs. I managed to maintain strength and ALMOST set a PR or two, but never the less fell short a rep. Could have been a majority of variables including having pop tarts pre workout; where I usually try to stick with something more filling per say, but I made them a staple this past offseason and had no problemo with low energy. Stomach is a phucking black hole these days though so it tore them up LOL. What else what else... that kinda concludes yesterday...today was a bit more fulfilling in terms of overall enjoyment. I've been doing a shit ton of reviews lately regarding a game I finally came to purchasing. After a few months of reviewing "Resonance Of Fate" I finally picked it up at Game Stop for $30. I'm an old school type of gamer (Marios<3, FF7<3) so me picking up a video game makes people go WTF are you sick? I haven't sat down and played an actual RPG since FF7-where I got to the end, and my younger sister lost the damn memory card. Ever since then it's been 1-2 hour sprees of this or that, then I dump the game instantly. I can't stand sitting through RPG's anymore or shooting games. They juuuuust don't do it for me. Resonance of Fate though is a mixture of Anime gung-ho slash Final Fantasy, where the battle system is pretty unique in that it's complex to the point you'll die 98784 times before defeating a boss. Quite the head scratcher but a puzzler in the grand scheme of things.

Tonight's workout was dece. Some confrontation occurred with me and the front desk lady again. Apparently I was slamming the weights and she came out to yell, but before she could do that I spoke up and in return she happened to of apologized (rather sarcastically sorta) saying "Look I dont workout, my dad told me you were slamming. Sorry" Needless to say I am one who HATES confrontation/disobeying rules so I agreed to stop deadlifting and just went along my workout with Stiff legged ones. (place doesnt allow chalk either. sucks but whatever, I will respect the gym because if I owned the place I'd hate a kid being some rebelling ho.)

By the by, I used a trap bar for the first time. (Kinda inspired by Jeff Rodriguez) Gotta say I prefer regular old fashioned nitty gritty deads better. More manly of a movement and overload versus the legs being utilized more in the trapbar. Awkward too , yet you can sure load some plates on that sucker. Stiff Leggeds have always been a dislike... I hate how they feel and how loose of a movement it is. Since I don't use a belt form has to be damn near flawless or pulling something here and there is an almost definite. Last thing I need is a fucked up sciatic nerve during prep -_-;

Lastly, Joe hit 370 x 1 on squats. So proud of that mf'er. He's lost almost 20lbs and has continued to make DAMN good progress week in and out. Goes to show hard work pays off!

Also-my right knee/tear drop area has been bothering the fuck out of me as of late. I tried some front squats and felt a pinching...I don't think it's joint issues, maybe something is tight beyond belief. I foam rolled like a mother prior to the workout, so maybe it's just a pull. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious , I'd hate for an injury this prep.

Brett out!

No comments:

Post a Comment